Sunday 16 July 2017

Extracting the honey


And finally we are ready to extract the honey.
Following up the previous blog, when I returned to the frames they were clear of bees,

The extraction can be a messy business and I do it in the kitchen.
Click here to see the video


So at last order is restored to the Universe and I have some honey for markets.
As I said in the earlier blog I was a bit irritated with myself for becoming a honey producer rather than a bee keeper, worrying about having honey to do the markets. I cancelled three markets and I'm now not bothered about it at all.
From now on in I will do the monthly Bromham market, the Potton quarterly market, the annual events at Kempston, the Open Farm Day, the Beds Young farmers Rally and possibly a few one offs.

With this blog, I often start one and come back to it from time to time and I have about a dozen in various stages of completion.
Worrying about honey, doing the whole horrible extraction thing and having to look forward to a lengthy process of bottling the honey and labelling them reminds me again of my disinterest in honey.
One of my uncompleted blogs is title 'Bee keeping without honey'. I must finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment